Operations Manager, US COVID-19 Response Initiative
Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to address important and challenging health issues. We develop and oversee programs to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities.
Resolve to Save Lives is a global health initiative of Vital Strategies that since 2017 has been working closely with governments, the World Health Organization, the World Bank, academic and other partners in a number of countries to strengthen national capacity to prevent, detect and respond to epidemic threats. For more information about our Prevent Epidemics initiative, visit: https://www.resolvetosavelives.org/ and https://preventepidemics.org/
Resolve to Save Lives’ Covid Response Digital Tech Team accelerates public health department’s ability to respond to and contain Covid through the effective use technology as a complement with public health programs.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to provide project management and team coordination support. This role will enable our team to be more effective at the delivery of their products — bridging important processes across the organization and our external partners, anticipating challenges that could impact our day-to-day, and acting as an information hub, tracking, sharing, and reporting information integral to the success of our work.
• Monitor and evaluate team’s progress toward product objectives and key results, identifying risks early and being accountable for connecting the right people and resources to solve them
• Develop and refine processes and tools that drive our teams to the right outcomes faster, streamline flow of information, identify opportunities for automation of tasks / routine practices, and enable quick course correction as needed
• Manage team meetings via scheduling meetings, setting agendas, taking notes, and tracking action items
• Create and oversee systems for organizing information of key contacts and partners
• Project manage the development and maintenance of product/tool templates, guidelines, how-to references, resources
• Work with centralized operations function on budget tracking, contract management and auditing, resource management, and other business operations projects as needed
• Support the recruiting process from scheduling interviews, tracking participant feedback, and project managing the onboarding experience of new team members
• Track and report results and metrics for internal and external stakeholders such as internal portfolio managers and external funders
• Asset management of product development projects
• Take on ad-hoc responsibilities to ensure the team is operating at its best
Required competencies and qualifications:
• Six or more years of operations experience working closely with product, design, and engineering teams ideally in situations with new teams forming and/or re-organizing
• High attention to detail and energy to go the extra mile to ensure accountability and accuracy of work; able to quickly learn work-related context with minimal guidance and supervision
• Strong ability to manage projects and facilitate cross-functional work, especially with 3rd parties
• Able to quickly build trust and relationships across various working styles and in remote settings
• Flexible, collaborative work style yet capable of working independently to deliver on ambitious goals and tight deadlines
• Expert in most productivity, collaboration, and design tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Figma, Slack, Monday, and Zoom
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with multiple stakeholders