***Please submit a cover letter for consideration.***
About the National Symphony Orchestra
Founded in 1931, the Orchestra has always been committed to artistic excellence and music education. In 1986, the National Symphony became an artistic affiliate of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, where it has performed a full season of subscription concerts since the Center opened in 1971. Located on the banks of the Potomac River in Washington, D.C., the Kennedy Center is the nation’s cultural center and living memorial to President John F. Kennedy.
At the Kennedy Center, we strive to foster belonging and empowerment at work. We are able to advance our mission because of our committed and passionate employees. We are fortunate to be able to leverage their diverse perspectives, life experiences and skills to inform how our workplace can be a safe, transparent, and replenishing community. The Kennedy Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Mission Statement: As the nation's performing arts center, and a living memorial to President John F. Kennedy, we are a leader for the arts across America and around the world, reaching and connecting with artists, inspiring and educating communities. We welcome all to create, experience, learn about, and engage with the arts.
Why Join Us
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits to all full-time employees including:
- Staff offers for discount tickets
- Retirement plan with organization matching (after 1 year of employment)
- Qualifying employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Commuter programs including pre-tax options for discounted parking and SmartBenefits (WMATA)
- Annual Leave, Sick Leave, and Personal Days available immediately upon hire
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with FSA and HSA options, and paid FMLA
- Flexible work arrangements
- We like to have fun! Check out the Kennedy Center National Dance Day 2023 staff video!
The NSO Development team seeks a detail-oriented and customer-focused fundraiser to provide foundational support for all areas of NSO fundraising, with a focus on NSO Board and NSO National Trustees meetings, stewardship, and governance. This position, reporting to the Chief Development Officer of the NSO, includes tasks in the areas of meeting and event planning; donor stewardship such as ticket processing, contribution processing, and gift documentation; database management; professional and creative writing such as meeting minutes, acknowledgments, briefings, and formal written communications; event and performance staffing; and support of projects led by leaders on the NSO Individual Giving team.
In addition to working closely with the CDO and the Assistant Manager, NSO Board & Leadership Campaigns, the incumbent serves as a development liaison with multiple departments and teams throughout the institution. The Assistant must exhibit an exceptional level of attention to detail, the ability to prioritize their time for both short- and long-term projects, accurately maintain records in a variety of formats, and engage in-person, over the phone, and via video conference with supporters and staff members from a variety of backgrounds and leadership levels. An aptitude for organization and clear communication is essential.
NSO Board and NSO National Trustees
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of in-person and virtual NSO Board, Committee, and NSO National Trustees meetings:
- Maintain project management tool, assign tasks, and ensure adherence to planning timeline
- Prepare written materials for dissemination or presentation to the Board or National Trustees, including meeting agendas, written reports, financial documents, printed materials packets, digital materials packets, and presentations with images and video
- Record official written minutes for Board, National Trustees, and several Committee meetings and secure appropriate approvals
- Track rsvp’s and coordinate meeting logistics such as room reservations, catering, IT/AV set-up, and other on-site needs in collaboration with Special Events team
- Maintain accurate records in support of Board and National Trustee governance compliance:
- Ensure appropriate tracking of all official Board and National Trustees business, such as meeting minutes, meeting notes, attendance lists
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date rosters and contact lists
- Maintain systems and database records to ensure donor recognition in print and online materials, involvement in ancillary activities and events, and accurate and timely renewal of gifts
- Provide excellent, proactive customer service:
- Manage ticketing and/or reservation needs
- Respond promptly and with accuracy to all incoming inquiries via phone, email, and mail, and assist the Chief Development Officer with similar needs
- Fulfill requests for information pertaining to contributions, such as tax letters and invoices
- Ensure donor benefit administration, specifically gift crediting in a variety of formats and accurate accounting of contributions
- Draft and coordinate multiple types of correspondence, such as acknowledgments, personal communications, and communications on behalf of NSO leadership
- Complete gift-related processes with accuracy and expediency:
- Complete, secure approval, and ensure correct entry for gift documentation
- Update necessary systems and database records to ensure correct recognition, benefit fulfillment, and gift processing
- Assign tasks as appropriate to other team members for completion
- Notify appropriate team members of gift-related details and updates
- Complete assigned cultivation and stewardship tasks such as in-person visits at concerts, phone calls, email outreach, and event greetings
- Staff on- and off-site events in support of donor stewardship and cultivation
Support for Chief Development Officer & NSO Development Team
- Provide support to enable the Chief Development Officer and other NSO Development Team members to effectively carry out moves management steps for their donor portfolios
- Work directly with crediting team to ensure program-specific funders are appropriately credited in all formats
- Provide direct support to the Chief Development Officer for special projects and donor requests, travel logistics, and financial processes
- Experience in a front-facing, customer service-oriented role is required.
- Development/fundraising, writing, and event logistics (or related experience) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the performing arts, specifically classical music, is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is beneficial.
- Experience with Tessitura or similar CRM is beneficial.