POSITION: Senior Treasurer
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Ticketing Services
DEPARTMENT: Box Office
UNION: Local 868
The purpose of this position is to work in partnership with the other Senior Treasurer and the treasurer team to maintain the highest possible performance standards within the box office. The schedule for the position is 40 hours per week, Monday-Sunday, with 2 days off.
- Establish priorities and delegate duties to treasurers, assistants, and ticket sellers on a daily basis.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers, and ensure equally high quality customer service from treasurers, assistants, and ticket sellers; maintain positive attitude and team spirit within the box office while keeping the environment professional.
- Provide formalized ongoing training for box office staff on all computer applications used by the box office, and ongoing customer service training.
- Contribute to strategic planning for training schedules and work deadlines.
- Provide support and guidance for treasurers in their duties with regard to ticketing of subscriptions, group sales, and house seat orders, as well as their work with theater managers, company managers, and promoters to ensure smooth front of house operation; assume responsibility for performance setup in the ticketing system so as to assist treasurers as needed; oversee accounting and banking procedures; assist treasurers in ensuring accuracy of box office statements and the daily reconciliation of box office receipts and deposits.
- Work with Information Technology Department as part of treasurer team to keep up to date on technical issues and provide input on all applications and processes pertaining to ticketing, sales, and event setup.
- At least 10 years of box office/sales/customer service experience, including at least 3 years of experience supervising and training.
- Proven strong customer service orientation and a professional demeanor when dealing with the public and with colleagues; problem-solving skills, diplomacy, and tact, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills and strong basic math skills; proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of computer ticketing systems; interest in and knowledge of the performing arts.