The Organics Equipment Operator operates machinery used in the processing of organic waste and production and transports bulk materials to and from storage or processing areas, feed conveyors, hoppers, chutes or to load trucks. This position ensures the equipment is in good working condition and the product quality meets the standards outlined by management.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Report for work on time wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Comply with company safety policies and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Operate a front-end loader with a capacity of 1 to 10 cubic yards, small pickup, or other equipment necessary for industrial composting, such as windrow turners, water trucks, screeners, and grinders.
- Ensure equipment is in proper operating condition by performing daily equipment inspections and completing vehicle condition reports (VCRs).
- Clean the equipment and perform basic preventive maintenance and repair tasks such as making simple adjustments and lubricating equipment and alert the supervisor if further maintenance or repairs are required by technicians.
- Performs site maintenance or laborer tasks, as needed.
- Train others on the proper operation of a front-end loader or other related equipment.
- Ensure delivery trucks are loaded as quickly, safely, and efficiently as possible and sign load tickets for drivers.
- Check truck beds and loader buckets prior to loading to ensure a clean surface and prevent contamination of materials.
- Push up loads of material (brush, wood, soil, compost, etc.) to keep the road and pad clear and accessible.
- Complete daily material production reports and submit to the Site Supervisor or Manager.
- Respond to management and gatehouse calls to verify loads as needed.
- Assess work areas to ensure that areas are clear and will not harm equipment or other personnel.
- Is available to work overtime and at other locations, when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Must demonstrate excellent operating skills for large, heavy equipment
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as vehicle condition reports (VCRs), accident reports, safety policies and procedures, operating instructions, procedure manuals and other operations-related paperwork
• Basic math skills
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to communicate fluently in English
• At least one year of related medium or heavy equipment experience or completion of specialized training
• Available to work scheduled shifts, including nights, holidays and weekends
- Valid class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations