EARN A HIRING BONUS OF UP TO $8,000!
$4,000 FOR ALL DRIVERS*
$8,000 FOR DRIVERS WITH VERIFIABLE WASTE EXPERIENCE*
*EXCLUSIONS APPLY - CHECK WITH HR FOR DETAILS
The Roll-Off Driver operates company vehicles while servicing containers and is responsible for complying with local, state and federal regulations, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Report to work at designated time in company uniform and with required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Comply with all company and department policies and procedures.
- Operate assigned company vehicles to service containers.
- Ensure that the assigned truck is fully-fueled, safe to operate and that the required paperwork is on board before leaving the yard.
- Record and communicate route information via handwritten or electronic means.
- Perform pre- and post-trip truck inspection, as required by company policy and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Complete and submit a daily Vehicle Condition Report (VCR).
- Report any incidents that occur during work hours to the supervisor no later than the end of the shift.
- Responsible for and required to report any personal moving violations or accidents to the supervisor within 72 hours.
- Work and drive productively and safely and behave in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one year of related medium or heavy truck driving experience
- Available to work scheduled shifts, including nights, holidays and weekends
- Excellent heavy truck driving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to demonstrate proficient use of onboard electronic technology within eight weeks of hire date
- Ability to understand and execute work orders communicated via onboard technology
- Ability to read, write and speak in English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make written entries on reports, required logs and records and other business-related documents
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Texas Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- Record of safe driving record for the past five years, as shown on a current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), with no serious accidents or traffic violations
- Valid Medical Card or the ability to obtain one