The Organics Production Associate assists with all aspects of running the Garden-Ville SARA production site, including operating the Point of Sale (POS) system, collecting and processing gatehouse paperwork, answering phone calls, processing orders and assisting with customer sales as needed. This position will also help the Site Manager maintain daily store and production records, operate various pieces of production equipment to transport bulk materials and load outbound trucks and customers with material.
- Assist the Site Manager with maintaining daily records.
- Use the POS system to ring up customers, process returns, process orders, process transfers, and manage inventory.
- Consult with customers regarding product needs and ensure customers are assisted and loaded in a timely manner.
- Operate a front-end loader, small pickup, or other heavy equipment to transport bulk material and perform site maintenance.
- Assist scale house customers and turn in paperwork to the Site Manager in a timely manner.
- Answer store phones in a professional and timely manner and respond to site-specific (SARA) voicemails and E-mails within a timely manner.
- Maintain equipment in proper operating condition by performing thorough daily walk-through inspections and filling out Vehicle Condition Reports.
- Report any equipment maintenance or operating issues to the Site Manager.
- Assist with conducting regular inventory audits and inform the Site Manager when inventory is contaminated or in need of replenishing.
- Maintain the neatness, cleanliness and safety of the site, including the gatehouse, and assist with routine pad and road maintenance.
- Assist San Antonio Site Services with paperwork, phone calls, and communication as needed.
- May work with a maintenance crew or as a laborer when not operating equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Available to work scheduled shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Available to work at remote locations as needed
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent heavy equipment driving skills
- Ability to read and comprehend vehicle condition reports, accident reports, operational documents, rules and regulations, memos and instructions
- Must be able to successfully complete job-specific training and safety courses within 90 days of hire
- Ability to operate basic office equipment – e.g., computer, printer/copier/scanner, phone system, etc.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations