Temp to hire/Contractor opportunities available - as well as FT employment. Recruiting experience preferred in industry related fields. On-site work in South Austin - no remote available.
The Human Resources Generalist I position supports recruitment efforts and initiatives, including participation in job fairs, placing job postings, and assistance with pre-employment processing and onboarding.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist potential candidates with the online application process.
- Review submitted resumes.
- Assist with setting up and staffing job fairs.
- Research appropriate sites and publications for job postings.
- Respond to applicant inquiries.
- Schedule interviews with hiring managers.
- Assist with pre-employment paperwork processing, e.g. background checks, drug tests, credit checks.
- Obtain new hire paperwork from hiring managers.
- Prepare weekly new employee orientation packages.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- At least one year of administrative experience
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Some experience working in a Human Resources function
- Bilingual – able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations