The Equipment Operator is responsible for maintaining a clean work area and equipment in proper condition, directing vehicles to dumping areas, and ensuring trailers are properly loaded and unloaded.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Ensure trailers are properly loaded and unloaded.
- Tarp trailers, secure loads and complete trailer paperwork.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Direct all city vehicles to a designated dumping area.
- Keep an updated trailer count throughout the shift and report to Lead Operator.
- May be required to drive a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) not to exceed 10,000 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or its equivalent and one year of related medium or heavy equipment experience and/or specialized training;
- Demonstrate excellent driving skills for large, heavy equipment;
- Able to read and interpret documents such as a Vehicle Condition Reports (VCR), accident reporting and safety rules and procedures, operating instructions, procedure manuals, and other paperwork used in operations;
- Basic math skills;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with drivers, helpers, and supervisors; and
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, safety rules, short correspondence, and memos.
- Valid class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations