The Eco Depot Associate is responsible for assisting customers and site maintenance at the Eco Depot location. Duties include, but are not limited to, greeting customers and answering their questions, clearing and cleaning up the dump site after truck or customer unloading, cleaning the back end of company trucks after unloading, operating site machinery and general site maintenance.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Comply with company safety policies and with Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Greet customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Clean up dump site after truck or customer unloading.
- Clean the back end of company trucks after unloading.
- Use the point of sale (POS) system to ring up customers and process returns, orders, and transfers.
- Operate site machinery, including forklift, backhoe and wheel loader, as needed.
- Assist with daily custodial duties, including the restroom and general site maintenance.
- Report to the Site Manager when equipment is in need of maintenance.
- Check basic equipment operating parts – e.g., fluid levels, safety devices, air filters, etc.
- Learn about the products and bulk materials to better assist customers and facilitate sales.
- Assist with product labeling and pricing.
- Report damaged or low inventory to the Site Manager.
- Answer the store phones in a professional and timely manner and respond to messages within 24 business hours.
- Assist with inventory audits.
- Keep the inside displays and shelves well stocked and the bagged goods stocked outside.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Available to work scheduled shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Experience using light machinery, e.g., forklifts, backhoes, wheel loaders
- Must be customer-oriented and exhibit strong customer service skills
- Must be willing to take direction and work well with others
- Must demonstrate problem-solving ability
- Must have the ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of Garden-Ville products and gardening and landscaping techniques
- Experience working a cash register or point of sale system
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, e.g. phone system, printers, fax machines, etc.
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the past three years as shown on current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), with no serious accidents or traffic violations