The Garden-Ville Site Supervisor oversees the operations, employees and equipment at a given Garden-Ville location. This position’s responsibilities include scheduling and overseeing material movement, supervising employees, submitting required paperwork and compliance reports and other site-specific tasks.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with hiring, supervising and training personnel.
- Submit weekly timecards and Paid Time Off (PTO) approvals to Payroll in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and clearly communicate what is expected.
- Make sure the facility is adequately staffed and open on time for business.
- Prepare work schedules with shifts, hours and tasks to be accomplished.
- Facilitate efficient movement of material, including shipping from Production yards whenever possible.
- Ensure the facility is regularly cleaned, maintained, and in compliance with all company standards regarding merchandising, customer service and operational guidelines.
- Schedule material hauling through Dispatch and Garden-Ville work orders.
- Conduct inventory audits, provide shortage/overage explanations, and maintain stock at an appropriate level in accordance with sell-through rates.
- Monitor inventory and ensure quality is at a high level as determined by industry standards.
- Maintain a clean and safe loading pad.
- Submit daily vehicle condition reports (VCRs) to the maintenance team and schedule preventative maintenance (PM).
- Assist customers and vendors with loading and unloading of material, ensuring safety first.
- Inspect and measure material to ensure the customers and drivers receive the accurate product.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment using the point of sale (POS) system.
- Assist with writing annual employee performance evaluations.
- Ensure phone calls are answered in a timely and professional manner.
- Review and respond to store voicemails and emails in a timely manner.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Train others on the proper operation of a front-end loader or other related equipment.
- Complete and submit weekly Manager Reports to the Retail Stores Manager.
- Reconcile cash registers at the end of day; resolve discrepancies and explain them to Retail Stores Manager and Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure all opening and closing procedures are complete and accurate.
- Communicate with the Retail Stores Manager of theft or other site/customer issues.
- Perform a regular facility hazard assessment and ensure compliance with company safety policies and with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Conduct and/or participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working and/or managing a production or retail facility and staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Point of Sale (POS) software;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Leadership and training skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Basic math and analytical skills; and
- Ability to build management and sales reports.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to use simple hand tools and a rubber tire wheel loader.