The Organics Equipment Operator uses heavy equipment to transport bulk materials to and from storage or processing areas, feed conveyors, hoppers, chutes or to load trucks.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Comply with company safety policies and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Operate a front-end loader ranging from 1 cubic yard to 7 cubic yards, small pickup, or other equipment to transport bulk materials.
- Maintain equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventive maintenance and repair tasks such as making simple adjustments, and lubricating equipment.
- May work with a maintenance crew or as a laborer when not operating equipment.
- Train others on the proper operation of a front-end loader or other related equipment.
- Assess work areas to ensure that areas are clear and will not harm equipment or other personnel.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Available to work at other locations, possibly out of town, when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- One to two year related medium or heavy equipment experience and/or specialized training;
- Excellent driving skills for heavy equipment;
- Able to read and interpret documents such as a Vehicle Condition Reports (VCR), accident reporting and safety rules and procedures, operating instructions, procedure manuals, and other paperwork used in operations;
- Basic math skills;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with drivers, helpers, and supervisors; and
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, safety rules, short correspondence, and memos.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations