The New Product Application Engineering Team at ROHM Semiconductor has an immediate opportunity for an System Applications Engineer - specialization in Magnetic and Optical semiconductor components. We are seeking a dynamic and talented physics or electronics engineering graduate who will be responsible for supporting technical topics. You will work on magnetic & optical components such as Hall sensors, ICs, LEDs, Photodiodes and MEMs components for consumer applications, with emphasis on technical topics, and device reliability. You will lead technical engagements and guide product development teams on next generation technical requirements.
This is an exciting role to develop technical and customer facing skills required for a technologist career in the semiconductor and consumer electronics industry. Come be a part of our startup-like, fast-paced environment with an established company. ROHM is committed to having a diverse workplace and invites you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Engage with key customer engineers, at many levels to work on challenging real-world problems and win the design-in of ROHM products
- Work closely with colleagues in engineering, sales and marketing teams to provide technical support during all stages of the product life cycle
- Work closely with customers during the design phase, understanding the full scope of the customers' requirements to help guide the development teams
- Work closely with the development teams to assist in the validation process
- Participate in new product design reviews both internally and externally
- Generate customer specific presentations to clearly illustrate final product application and benefits
Education/Training and Experience:
- Advanced Degree(s) in Electrical Engineering or Semiconductor Device Physics and Optics, or applicable major
- Minimum 3+ year's of work history and demonstrated skills & background in application/system engineering in the Semiconductor industry
- Deep technical strengths in device physics or magnetic and optical semiconductor components and core electrical engineering concepts
- Failure analysis
- Demonstrate professional business acumen
- Strong communication abilities - oral, written, and listening
- Possess effective organizational and negotiation skills
- Fluent English - oral and written
- Bilingual skills highly preferred, beneficial- English/Japanese
Background and Knowledge of:
- Magnetic device characterization: Sensitivity characterization of magnetic sensors; analysis and modeling of variations of electrical performance, reliability, linearity, hysteresis, etch depth analysis, I-V characterization, noise characterization, manufacturing topics related to magnetic sensors, packaging topics of magnetic sensors
- Optical device characterization: LED analysis, single/multi-die package design, optical architecture design, product specification, performance validation, reliability studies; imaging-spectroscopy, nanofabrication, process integration, FTIR spectroscopy, emission, irradiance and reflectance analysis
- MEMS device: analysis, design, fabrication and manufacturing, reliability
- Preferred Skills: Experience in failure analyses and reliability of device physics manufacturing in discrete, optical, and/or analog/digital/mixed-signal LSI semiconductor design; semiconductor packaging design and manufacturing process technology; failure analysis equipment knowledge in SEM/EDX, OBIRCH, FT-IR
- Consult end users to test and debug applications to meet customer needs, assist in resolving customer technical issues
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system design weaknesses
- Demonstrated experience in successful customer and team relationships
- Formulate and deliver presentations and demos
- Coordinate efforts of several individuals to achieve a work goal
- Recognize and respond successfully to problem situations
- Detail-oriented and results-driven skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Identify new business opportunities
- Complete assigned tasks within specified time limits
- Diligent customer follow-up
- Understand job procedures, equipment and methods, responsibilities and scope of duties
- Demonstrate a consistent, dependable work effort, and a positive work attitude
- Works effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Display initiative, motivation and use of good judgment
- Some travel may be required (domestic/international)
Other Skills Required: Time Management, Problem-solving, Computerized Systems, Organizational, Communication, Interpersonal, Attention to Detail, Ability to work in diverse and fast-paced environments or flexible to changing directions
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements: Office environment, driving vehicle, airline flights, lift, stand, sit, bend, reach, pull, repetitive motion.
ROHM offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Starting annual salary range is $100,000 - $160,000 dependent on experience. Upon request, reasonable accommodation will be provided to applicants and employees with qualifying disabilities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 858.625.3600 for assistance with applying. Pre-employment screenings are conducted on final candidates.
ROHM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Power Up your career!
No agencies and no phone calls please