NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 500,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
As an Accounting Manager in our Homebuilding Accounting group, you will be a critical component to our monthly closing cycle. You will be responsible for analyzing, reconciling and correcting financial statements and reviewing and preparing various management reports and reconciliations. We offer hands-on training and no previous homebuilding experience is required. You will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Supervising a staff of accountants in the performance of general ledger accounting functions.
- Developing staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training and maintaining strong employee relations.
- Ensuring that journal entries, account reconciliations and reports are processed and generated timely and accurately.
- Reviewing the monthly Trial Balance and Departmental Profit and Loss Statements.
- Providing reliable “decision-making” information to Homebuilding operations personnel and Senior Management of NVR.
- Ensuring monthly and quarterly close deadlines are met.
- Maintaining effective communications with operations’ personnel.
- Ensure existing internal controls are performed and provide recommendations for improving internal controls.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities.
- Performing special projects as requested.
We are seeking professionals with:
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on driving and achieving results.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- A teamwork focus.
Fast Facts for Accountants – Why NVR?
We are among the twenty largest public companies in Virginia, and one of only seven headquartered in Northern Virginia. Our company has a long track record of strong financial performance, as demonstrated by the following:
- As of 9/30/21, NVR had the 38th highest 20 year total shareholder return among the S&P 500, a list topped by Monster Beverage, Apple and Amazon
- Over that same time period, NVR’s total shareholder return has dramatically outperformed other public home builders
- NVR’s revenues have increased from $2.7 billion in 2009 to $7.3 billion in 2020 (and $6.5 billion through the first 9 months of 2021)
- Sales have increased from 9,409 in 2009 to 23,082 in 2020 (and 17,036 for the first 9 months of 2021
Our employees are key drivers of, and major participants in, our success:
- We have historically made annual contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) for all employees. As a result, our ESOP has been an outstanding opportunity to build long-term wealth
- A 20 year employee with a starting salary of $60,000 and a 2.5% annual raise, who never touched their ESOP plan, would have over $500,000 in their ESOP at the end of 2021
- Our corporate accounting department is centralized, based in Reston and working right down the hall from our CEO, CFO and the rest of our executive team
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we’ll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you’ll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.