The Senior Interaction Designer is a senior level position on the User Experience team. As a member of the UX team, you will be responsible for wireframing flows, and technical problem solving of the Arlo user experience.
The key to this role is excellent communication and pro-active design habits. To take existing user problems and pain points and collaborate with designers, product team, engineering and marketing teams to translate these problems into simple and easy to understand experiences.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with stakeholders to define UX requirements that truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs.
- Leading end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Coordinating and integrating the work of fellow designers for a seamless and unified experience.
- Reviews design documentations with stakeholders, gathering feedback and iterating upon design.
- Demonstrates innovative thinking when creating design concepts and strives towards more engaging customer experiences and interactions.
- Ensures design cohesion across multiple platforms (Android, iOS, Web )
- Gauges the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for changes.
- Actively participates in usability studies.
- 7+ years of experience in mobile UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods.
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions.
- Ability to articulate and champion your design solutions based on human-centered design principles and incorporating research data.
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD etc) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- Relentless pursuit of experience perfection working in an iterative and agile development environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams.
- High level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos to successfully bring a product design from conception to launch with minimal supervision.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI/Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
You should also have:
- Strong command of mobile UX across IOS and Android.
- Experience in consumer electronics industry.
- Prior experience working within a technical environment.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile.
- Familiarity with the agile software development process.
- Knowledge of IOT, smart home and security services/software industries.
Arlo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, personality and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.