The Senior Visual Designer is a senior level position on the User Experience Design team. You will be responsible for the visual design, flows, and asset creation for iOS, Android and web.
The key to this role is excellent communication and pro-active design habits. To continuously take existing user problems and pain points and collaborate with product, engineering and business teams to translate these problems into simple and easy to understand experiences.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works as a member or lead, executing and presenting/reviewing visual design across a specific domain area.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define UX requirements that truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs.
- Create original visual designs for different products and environments, striving for a consistent UI across all touch points.
- Works closely with others to evolve, grow and document design principles, design language and system style guide.
- Creates visual assets, concepts/prototypes in order to evaluate and communicate design thinking.
- Demonstrates innovative thinking when creating design concepts and strives towards more engaging customer experiences and interactions.
- Ensures design cohesion across multiple platforms (Android, iOS, Web )
- Gauges the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for changes.
- Actively participate in useability studies.
- 7+ years of experience in mobile UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods.
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products.
- Is aware of the state of the art of UI design, new technologies and effectively communicates trends.
- Has high capacity to create excellent UI and visual design in a timely manner.
- Excellent skills with industry-standard design software.
- Reviews work of other designers and provides constructive feedback.
- Master of visual design and process experience design.
- Ability to lead and facilitate design workshops, brainstorms, design exercises.
You should also have:
- Strong command of mobile UX across IOS and Android.
- Experience in consumer electronics industry.
- Prior experience working within a technical environment.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile.
- Familiarity with the agile software development process.
- Knowledge of IOT, smart home and security services/software industries.
Arlo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, personality and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.