Life is different at N3. We are driven by our passions and propelled by our quest to innovate, thrive and learn. We are the tastemakers of technology, transforming the way the world works and shaping the future of business. We work hard. We play hard. We make moves. Here, success is no accident. It’s ours to grow.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes and use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
This position involves technical consulting for sales opportunities across a broad portfolio of products, channels, segments and regions for the Google Cloud Team. By combining technical expertise and sales skills, the Sales Engineer helps customers evaluate and adopt Google Cloud products to create business value.
Core - Technical Customer Consulting
● Work with the Google Cloud Sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments and architect client solutions to meet business and technical requirements.
● Take responsibility for the technical aspects of the sales cycle including general teaching, introductory meetings, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of concept work, and the coordination of additional supporting technical resources. Identify and handle key customer technical objections, prescriptively guiding them to success.
● Work hands-on with Google's Cloud products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
● Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
● Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud products’ effectiveness.
● Use Salesforce.com (“SFDC”) systems to ensure customer data is accurate and actionable
● Leverage 3rd party prospect and account intelligence tools
● Navigate, analyze and interpret technical documentation for Google Cloud products
● Leverage a Learning Management Solution (“LMS”) for training and certification
● Advanced knowledge of administrative / development / support consoles for Google Cloud products
Team and Individual Goals
● Work towards team and individual goals for key performance indicators, like conversion rates, opportunities, pipeline, technical wins, sales cycle and bookings
● Help team members or advise managers on creating efficiencies in workflow and training
● Collect and codify best practices between sales, marketing, and sales engineers
● Effectively use productivity tools, email, telephony, chat and video conference solutions
● Recommend mutually beneficial courses of action to help prospects address business needs and help the Google Cloud team achieve business goals
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams, like sales, support, marketing and partnerships, to address the needs of our prospects
● Act as a technical expert to help team members assess the viability of a lead or opportunity
● Assist with training team members on complex, technical subjects
● Offer thought leadership in the cloud computing space to current and prospective customers
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent practical experience
● 5 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
● Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
● Hands-on experience using and/or managing databases. Knowledge of Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, BigQuery.
● Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platform, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, cookies/sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML).
● Experience with Enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ).
● Strong communication skills with a proactive and positive approach to tasks.
● Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Ability to speak and write in required local native languages and English
● MS degree in Computer Science.
● Demonstrable ability to create demo scripts in any one of the following scripting/programming languages: C#, Python, Perl and/or Shell Scripting.
● Demonstrable ability to rapidly prototype proofs-of-concept and technical demonstrations.
● Ability to assess a prospect’s needs and recommend a course of action.
● Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
● Confident presenter with excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present Google's product offering.
Data Protection Requirement
Equal Employment Opportunity
N3 recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, handicap or veteran's status. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.