Strengthening the West Coast’s power grid isn’t for the weak. Keeping electricity flowing and the lights might not be a 9-to-5 desk job, but it is a chance to do meaningful work. Michels Pacific Energy, Inc. is a sought-after power delivery contractor. We do what’s needed – from building transmission lines and substations to distribution networks and inside wiring and natural disaster repairs. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Pacific Energy can change yours.
As an Associate Project Manager, your key responsibilities will be to serve as project support by planning, organizing, and implementing project management principles. This position must demonstrate an understanding of how the business runs, how changing circumstances are handled, and who to contact when there are questions. It is essential to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Critical for success are the abilities to work independently and as a part of a team, meet deadlines, and anticipate and meet internal customer needs.
Why Michels Pacific Energy, Inc.?
- We are committed to hiring the best people and giving them the best equipment
- We are dedicated to the improving the West Coast’s energy infrastructure
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We believe everyone is responsible for promoting safety, regardless of job title
- We are a part of the Michels family of companies – one of North America’s largest, most diversified energy and infrastructure contractors
- You like to surround yourself with dedicated, value-driven people
- You are up to new challenges and opportunities
- You cringe when you hear: “Because that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You believe that individual commitment to a group effort is key to success
- You want your work to make a difference in people’s lives
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field, 0-3 years of related experience, or equivalent combination
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel, which may include extended duration, is required. Must have the ability to commit to long term onsite projects