Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Surveyor can change yours.
As a Surveyor, your key responsibilities will be to assist in surveying land for construction of trenchless construction projects. This position is responsible for quality and strict adherence to all safety standards in order to achieve the most efficient operation as possible. It is essential to possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Critical for success are excellent attention to detail and sound problem solving skills. This position will be field based and could be anywhere within the continental United States.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy interpreting contracts and project specifications to accurately collect required data
- You like to utilize 3D Civil Software to produce design calculations, alignment calculations and drafting responsibilities
What it takes:
- 1-3 years of surveying experience within construction industry or related experience
- Experience utilizing survey equipment (GNSS, Robotic Total Station, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Gyro-theodolites and mining surveying techniques
- Trenchless industry survey experience (desired)
- Experience with drafting software (AutoCAD, etc) (desired)
- Ability to work in tight and confined spaces
- Must possess a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record
- Travel required. Position may require extended travel, meaning the travel may account for up to 100% of the time and/or limit the ability to return home during off time.