Michels Trenchless, Inc. sets the standard for complete infrastructure construction and rehabilitation with minimal surface disruptions. We've been performing trenchless construction for decades, and it shows. Our leaders, managers, and field personnel have amassed an extensive resume of successful projects. Regardless of whether we are working close to home or thousands of miles away, our people deliver consistent quality, safety, and performance. Do you? Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Trenchless, Inc. can change yours.
As an Underground Surveyor, your key responsibilities will be to locate and determine the portion of the earth’s surface for the construction of tunnels or other construction projects by planning, conducting, and recording surveys. Critical for success is the ability to problem solve and have excellent attention to detail.
Why Michels Trenchless, Inc.?
- We extend the limits of possibilities in trenchless construction
- We will never ask you to prioritize speed ahead of safety
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We share experience and insights to develop industry leaders
- We are a part of the Michels Family of Companies, a global leader in energy and infrastructure construction
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including Health, Dental, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan, Legal Plan, and Identity Theft and Monitoring Plan. Depending on your positions and location you may participate in a different benefit plan.
- You take pride in completing projects others would not attempt
- You want to take the lead with evolving technology
- You enjoy knowing the best work requires a total team effort
- You like to know your ideas and dedication are noticed and appreciated
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
- You are comfortable working in an underground environment
- You believe that individual commitment to a group effort is key to success
What it takes:
- 5-7 years of construction/heavy civil layout experience
- Experience utilizing Robotic Total Station and GNSS equipment
- Experience in surveying underground features such as shafts and tunnels
- Experience with geotechnical instrumentation monitoring
- Experience with tunnel boring machine guidance systems and associated computer software
- Experience in Cut and Fill, and Longhole Stoping mining methods
- Basic math skills
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) if vehicles which may be drive and an acceptable driving record
- Travel required