Be with the Industry Innovation Leader, supporting our multi-year history of double digit growth and leadership in environmental sustainability & corporate citizenship
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global innovator in technology and manufacturing. In the United States, LG's focus on Innovation for a Better Life is exemplified by a wide range of innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, commercial displays, air conditioning systems, solar energy solutions and vehicle components. The company’s commitment to environmental sustainability and its "Life's Good" marketing theme encompasses how LG is dedicated to people's happiness by exceeding expectations today and tomorrow. LG is a seven-time ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. www.LG.com.
Director of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
Highly visible and impactful position that advances the company’s Environmental, Social & Governance objectives by leading and directing Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability programs for LG Electronics USA. Drive LG’s North American strategy across three key areas: environmental sustainability, social impact, and CSR risk management/compliance. Co-lead LG’s global conflict minerals compliance program and support company-wide efforts to advance responsible supply chains, health & safety, and corporate governance.
Description of Responsibilities
- Oversee the company’s U.S. environmental sustainability portfolio, including greenhouse gas inventory and reduction strategy, and corporate-wide renewable energy procurement plan, sustainability communications and award nominations; lead cross-functional teams to achieve sustainability objectives and goals.
- Champion the company’s “Zero Carbon 2030” initiatives and drive for U.S. results.
CSR Social Impact & Community Relations
- Oversee CSR social contribution portfolio, led by LG’s U.S. signature cause social impact program focused on youth mental wellness.
- Provide direction forcause marketing, employee volunteerism, disaster response, citizenship and local community relations programs.
North America program lead for LG’s environmental, social and governance programs Lead ESG stakeholder engagement on behalf of LG, including UN organizations, non-governmental advocacy groups, and corporate membership and industry organizations.
- Oversee internal CSR audit process for U.S. operations to improve alignment and performance with LG Policy and Standards for Labor/Human Rights, Environmental Protection, Health & Safety, and Ethics.
- Administer CSR-related external inquiries process, including supporting responses to customers, consumers, media and NGOs, in consultation with corporate communications and legal as needed
- Support environmental and social compliance for LG’s U.S. manufacturing facilities.
- Co-lead LG’s global conflict minerals compliance program, ensure customer compliance and drive continuous improvement in response to increasing ethical sourcing drivers.
- Manage CSR program budget and accountable for program success to Senior VP of Public Affairs
- Manage staff, lead cross function task teams, and encourage change management activities.
- Represent LG with external stakeholders, participate in industry organizations, both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree related to environmental, sustainability, engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in related field.
- Accomplished sustainability professional with a successful track record of implementing and advancing corporate social responsibility programs for a large multinational corporation.
- Demonstrated program success in achieving positive social and environmental impacts, building corporate leadership profile and brand awareness.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet tight deadlines, and maintain flexibility with changing strategic priorities
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passionate, creative and committed, with strong ability to lead and influence.
- Strong project and budget management expertise, with superb attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability driving principles, business case and ROI.
- Knowledge of electronics products and home appliances a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
LG Electronics, USA Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.