Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Design Manager for our Seattle office. The Design Manager is responsible for leading all design phases for interiors projects, leads the team, and has extensive client interaction.
- Works with team to develop design ideas and create drawings. Drafts technical drawings. For smaller projects may oversee all design and drawing. Provide review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution.
- Researches and selects fixtures and finishes to use for projects. Obtains client approval and ensures integration into overall design.
- Develop and finalize space plans for smaller projects.
- Provides detail for interior design projects.
- Develops and delivers overall design and furniture packages for small to medium projects. Obtains cost estimates and produces final cost estimates.
- In some circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys.
- Manages design budget for assigned projects. Ensures adherence to set budget and immediately informs Senior Design Manager and/or client of any potential variances to the budget.
- May mentor the work of Junior and Immediate Designers or Design Coordinator. Oversee tasks and provide feedback on work product.
- Organizes and conducts client interviews to determine technical and design requirements for the design. Continues to provide needed information to client on design specifications; Participates in marketing strategy sessions and presentations. Involved in industry organizations. Increases the firm’s profile, ensures positive client relationships resulting in additional business or referred work
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school. Equivalent experience may be substituted
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of design principles and aesthetics
- Advanced knowledge of space planning
- Extensive knowledge of furnishings and finishes
- Familiar with the concepts of furniture layout
- Advanced sketching and rendering skills
- Advanced interior architecture detailing skills
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Working knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Working knowledge of path of travel requirements
- Working knowledge of contract administration
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Advanced Revit skills
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate presentation and graphic communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject-matter expertise
For the majority of the time the Design Manager will be sitting with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
IA Interior Architects is An Equal Opportunity Employer M/M/Disability/Veteran