Eagle Harbor, a Federal Government Contractor industry leader, is seeking a NIBIN Technician to support the ATF.
Qualified candidates will be expected to:
Along with all the qualifications of the CGIC Level I, the CGIC Level II shall have the experience and ability to:
- Provide analytical and intelligence gathering support to ATF, the assigned field division and CGIC (III).
- Provide usable crime gun intelligence and in depth analysis.
- Provide analytics and research on gun intelligence specific to firearm related violent crime.
- Provide support with firearm identification to provide accurate data for firearms tracing.
- At this level they are not expected to provide liaison support outside the office.
Duties shall include all and/or some of the following:
- Gathering of crime reports
- Enter evidence into Integrated Ballistic Information Systems (IBIS)
- Perform image and correlation reviews.
- NIBIN hit analysis
- Creation of link charts for investigative lead purposes
- Compiling all data necessary to provide ATF with actionable law enforcement investigative leads
- Gathering of gun traces for entry into e-Trace
- Enter, modify, update and retrieve data in computer applications.
- Ensure data conformity with recognized procedures and protocols, including accuracy of trace information.
- Conduct Trace Analysis of documented trends.
- Facilitate the restoration of obliterated serial numbers and ensure that those firearms are traced
- Analyze e-Trace data for firearms trafficking
- Utilizing NESS for daily entry of local RMS event info associated with ballistic evidence entered into NIBIN, analysis and triage of all NIBIN leads, tracking of all NIBIN leads, referrals, and results, and reporting success stories.
- US Citizen
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
- Must be able to pass ATF Clearance Check
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or possession of an equivalent combination of formal education, work experience and on the job training
- Minimum of three (3) years general experience with local, State, or Federal law enforcement, although more than three years of experience is preferred but not required
- Must possess the ability to work with and coordinate the efforts of local, State, and Federal law enforcement; to plan and complete complex projects and present those plans and projects to a group; and to identify and overcome obstacles to those plans.
Position is located in Denver, CO
Apply online at: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=GATEWAYVENT&cws=69&rid=2409
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.