JOIN OUR ORGANIZATION...
D4C Dental Brands, Inc. is a dental support organization (DSO) that supports affiliated pediatric dentists, general dentists, and orthodontists in the Smiles For Life Network. We provide business management expertise and administrative operations support, so doctors can focus on their patients and clinical operations. Our team is dedicated to helping children achieve a lifetime of great oral health. Our locations offer an exciting and comforting environment for patients as our specialists deliver best-in-class care and treatment to all. Join us and take part in raising the standard in children’s oral healthcare!
The Dental Assistant is responsible for providing patient care and assistance to the Doctor with patient procedures. The Dental Assistant must perform and help the Doctor with direct patient care including sealants, impressions, seating, appliances, etc.:
- takes impressions;
- takes diagnostic x-rays and displays the x-rays according to the type of procedure;
- accurately charts and documents all notes pertaining to the patient during the exam and treatment set forth by the Company guidelines;
- reviews the patient’s chart, medical history, treatment plan and consent forms prior to treatment, and identifies any potential concerns for the Doctor to consider;
- monitors the patient at all times while he or she is on nitrous oxide;
- obtains stabilization consent form from the parent or guardian as requested by the Doctor;
- reviews and understands the patient’s insurance eligibility;
- Exercises significant patience and discretion in order to obtain the proper cooperation from each patient.
- Prepares the patient prior to beginning treatment (all necessary cassettes, hand pieces, materials, and instruments should be ready and available for the Doctor).
- Uses, as needed, “tell- show- do" prior to any treatment.
- Uses creativity and imagination to encourage anxious or timid patients.
- Adapts to each individual and provides excellent chair side manner is a must.
- Maintains patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance. Ensure any release of patient information is done according to the Company guidelines
- Additional duties will be assigned to achieve the Company standards and goals as efficiently as possible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Experience working in a professional, medical, or dental environment with direct customer service is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Customer service oriented and able to communicate with a pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Effective written and verbal communication with all staff and management.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, be able to multitask and perform job duties in a timely manner.
- Strong PC skills and ability to learn and successfully use new programs as required.