Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC) www.ctec-corp.com is a CMMI Level III company that has provided technology and management solutions to commercial and government clients across the USA for 20 years. We are currently looking for an Apprenticeship Counselor to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is in support of the Department of Labor (DOL) Veterans Employment and Training Services (VETS) Transition Assistance Program (TAP). The Apprenticeship Counselor position is assigned to San Diego_Naval Base, CA for the purpose of providing transitioning Service members / family members information about benefits and entitlements, while conducting large group instruction and individual counseling specifically regarding the availability of various apprenticeship programs.
- Assess Transitioning Service Members personality and interests in translating their military experience and skills into matching apprenticeship opportunities
- Provide counseling services to Transitioning Service Members while identifying and evaluating various apprenticeship opportunities to include linking Transitioning Service Members and spouses with companies offering apprenticeships
- Possess a positive demeanor and exceptional interpersonal skills that result in being able to effectively communicate with both Transitioning Service Members/spouses and staff orally and in writing
- Educate Transitioning Service Members and spouses on the workplace, jobs, and requirements for entry into those jobs
- Ensure Service Members and their families have the necessary career tools and information to seamlessly transition into the civilian workforce
- Possess a minimum of zero to four years of relevant experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Database use experience
- Possess an associate degree or 4 years of experience working as a Workforce Solutions or Human Resources Specialist.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- A valid state driver’s license
- Candidates must possess and maintain a security clearance (Tier 1/NACI)
- Provide proof of employment and possess a favorable security clearance to obtain a DoD Identification Common Access Card issued by the Government to authorize access to Government computer systems and databases
- Able to pass a drug screening test
- Provide exceptional customer service and possess good oral and written communication skills required
- Proficient in reading, writing, and understanding the English language
- Not required to perform services on designated holidays per the contract unless directed by the contracting officer or in support of National Guard and Reserve Transitioning Service Members and family members.
Environmental/ and or Physical Requirements:
- Government service location is in an office setting. No heavy lifting requirements associated with this position. Although no heavy lifting is required, contractors are required to stand for long periods of time while facilitating workshops.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Cybermedia Technologies management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position. Cybermedia Technologies share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Cybermedia Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Please note: Candidate(s) may be required to go through pre-employment screening.