Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC) www.ctec-corp.com is a CMMI Level III company that has provided technology and management solutions to commercial and government clients across the USA for 20 years.
CTEC is currently looking for a Configuration Manager.
The configuration manager will provide the overall Configuration Management (CM) infrastructure and environment to the product development team. The CM function supports the product development activity (Design, Development, Test, Deployment, and Maintenance) so that developers and integrators have appropriate workspaces to build and test their work, and so that all artifacts are available for inclusion in the deployment unit as required. This position is to ensure that the CM environment facilitates product review, and change and defect tracking activities. In addition, the CM is responsible for writing the CM Plan, reporting progress statistics based on change requests, and has experience working with updated, modern development tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in building and releasing engineering systems standards and best practices for software deployment in a controlled environment with an understanding of full life-cycle configuration management activities, while performing related system administration activities.
- Responsible for validating and maintaining operational control of system configurations throughout environments (such as DEV, SAT, PROD) and software baselines.
- Identify, organize, and control software and hardware configuration changes.
- Oversee and perform baseline configurations for applications, software, and hardware.
- Administer various tools supporting Release Management including Source Control, Continuous integration, and Change Management.
- Coordinates with technical leads to schedule system downtimes, release schedules, and ensure proper configuration control of all system changes.
- Coordinates and administers upgraded/transitioning to modern development tools
- Troubleshoots build, packaging, and component management issues, working with the Development and Infrastructure teams to resolve them.
- Proficient in developing and implementing configuration management, hardware, and software control processes, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of software change control best practices and methodologies.
- Understanding of configuration management's role in a development environment.
- Experience with configuration management tools as an administrator,
- Ability to interpret technical material.
- Reviews existing automation and identifies opportunities to improve overall productivity.
- Experience and understanding of .NET architecture, Web Deployment, and IIS technologies.
- Solid understanding and experience with version control systems, change management systems and documentation management systems.
- Good understanding and experience with databases, SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with Windows, Server, IIS and SQL Server.
- Full life-cycle experience (design through delivery and support), developing and improving CM standards, practices and procedures.
- Familiar with Configuration Management concepts, build framework design and architecture.
- Provide design and implementation guidance a
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to present and future customer needs; this includes deriving requirements from customer interactions.
- Promote awareness and acceptance of the Software Configuration Management process.
- Ensures appropriate security and access levels to the Configuration Management System.
- Perform Software Configuration Management audits to ensure SCM processes are being followed, environments are kept in sync, configuration items are being built as required and supporting documentation is complete.
- Minimum 6-8 years of Configuration Management experience.
- Experience with version control software, such as Subversion.
- Experience using modern development tools (I.E. Jenkins, Git,Puppet)
- Experience with Release Management Processes/Change Management Processes (Developing, Implementing, Managing, Automating)
- Experience with development environments and tools, such as Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience with various environments, such as Linux, Solaris, Unix, Windows, Oracle.
- Experience with build automation software
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Must be clearable
- CBP clearance (highly preferred)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Cybermedia Technologies management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Cybermedia Technologies, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)