Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC) www.ctec-corp.com is a CMMI Level III company that has provided technology and management solutions to commercial and government clients across the USA for 20 years. We are currently looking for Part -Time Employment Facilitator to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is in support of the Department of Labor (DOL) Veterans Employment and Training Services (VETS) Transition Assistance Program (TAP). The Employment Facilitator position is assigned to MCRD San Diego, CA for the purpose of providing transitioning Service members / family members a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment, job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools.
- Guide military Transitioning Service Members and spouses in developing their individual goals to ensure successful civilian careers
- Provide formal DOL Employment Workshops and Career Technical Training to groups with up to 50 participants and individual career counseling
- Communicate effectively, be comfortable instructing and speaking in front of a group, be observant of others, possess the ability to engage an audience, and respond to inquiries independently
- Educate Transitioning Service Members and spouses on the workplace, jobs, and requirements for entry into those jobs
- Ensure Service Members and their families have the necessary career tools and information to seamlessly transition into the civilian workforce
- Possess a minimum of zero to two years of relevant experience
- Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Possess a positive demeanor and exceptional interpersonal skills that result in being able to effectively communicate with both Transitioning Service Members/spouses and staff orally and in writing
- Possess previous experience which demonstrates understanding of private and public sector employment processes
- Possess previous experience as a classroom instructor
Job Skills :
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Database use experience
- Possess an associate degree or 3 years of experience as a professional trainer of facilitator.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- A valid state driver’s license
- Provide proof of employment and pass a favorable clearance check in order to obtain a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) Card issued by the Government to authorize access to Government installations
- Able to pass a drug screening test
- Provide exceptional customer service—good oral and written communication skills required
- Proficient in reading, writing, and understanding the English language
- Not required to perform services on designated holidays per the contract unless directed by the contracting officer or in support of National Guard and Reserve Transitioning Service Members and family members.
Environmental/ and or Physical Requirements:
- Government service location is in an office setting. No heavy lifting requirements associated with this position. Although no heavy lifting is required, contractors are required to stand for long periods of time while facilitating workshops.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Cybermedia Technologies management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position. Cybermedia Technologies share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Cybermedia Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Please note: Candidate(s) may be required to go through pre-employment screening.