Performs complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples for the purposes of preimplantation genetic testing (PGT). Analyzes clinical results and provides diagnoses. Performs clinical tasks associated with clinical cases. Assists Supervisor/Manager with documenting and implementing various quality procedures and protocols.
- Assists Supervisor/Manager and participates in carrying out, documenting and implementing Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC)/Quality Inventory (QI) procedures
- Performs complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples with a high degree of quality and in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Analyzes clinical results and provides diagnoses
- Performs clerical tasks associated with clinical cases, including but not limited to: maintenance of specimen and case logs, preparation/documentation of assay worksheets, preparation of analysis sheets and clinical reports
- Receives and verifies clinical samples
- Witnesses hands-on clinical procedures
- Proper usage and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other professionals within the company and clients, as needed
- Apply Safety Standards and Good Lab Practices
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management
- Once fully trained, the candidate will be expected to work evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary.
- Master’s Degree in the sciences with at least one year experience in clinical laboratory setting or Bachelor’s Degree in the sciences with at least two years in clinical laboratory setting
- Experience in a molecular genetics, clinical genetics or cytogenetics laboratory. Experience with sterile lab techniques and laboratory methods/techniques associated with molecular biology (e.g. PCR, qPCR, Next-generation sequencing, Illumina SNP arrays, DNA extractions, Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis, Integrated laboratory information management systems) Previous Team Leader / Supervisor experience will be considered a plus
- Working knowledge using Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Passing of background check which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.