The Pastry Chef assists the Executive Sous Chef/ Executive Chef to lead, manage and organize all requirements for the Kitchen to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as emanated by the Executive Chef or any of his representative. Ensures proper sanitation in the Kitchen, adequate stocks of food & beverage, inter – department coordination and training. Carries full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels.
Ensures to maintain the resort food cost at all times.
Ensures and enforces the set service standard procedures by directing, supervising and motivating staff to perform to the highest level of service.
Communicates with guest and shares feedback with Chefs and Management to ensure high levels of food and service quality and guest satisfaction are maintained at all times.
To ensure that all pastry and bakery production and desserts are a major asset in hotel Culinary operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. The holder of this position may, at any time, be called to perform any other cognate duties at the request of management.
- Assists the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef in every aspect of the management of the Kitchen.
- Ensures that all pastry/ bakery production served in the resort respects hotel standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety.
- Ensures that quantities and timing for all pastry/ bakery productions are respected at all time. Anticipates needs in terms of products, material and human resources.
- Ensures optimization of products and preparations produced in pastry and bakery.
- Supervises the production of recipes and costing for all pastry and bakery dishes and preparations served in the resort are accurate and updated.
- Ensures that wastage is limited to the minimum and that levels of productions are suitable with the needs of the operation.
- Monitor closely the motivation and productivity of the pastry/bakery team members. Suggest initiatives to improve stability and motivation of the team.
- Supervises all the technical training related to pastry and bakery. Produce all relevant documents related to training matters.
- Ensures that all team members follow Kitchen/ Pastry/ Bakery P&Ps and SOPs and respect hotel procedures.
- Ensures that team members behave as per the principle of our core values.
- Ensures that hotel discipline standards are adhered to at all time by pastry/bakery team members.
- Proposes menus and ideas of desserts to the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef.
- Interacts with Head of Departments in a constructive and proactive manner in order to promote team spirit and the interest of the company at all time.
- Ensures that all food served respects at all times the hygiene standards in force in the resort. Inspects areas daily and ensures that standards of cleanliness and order of areas are respected.
- Controls daily all the refrigerators and storage areas.
- Ensures that wastage and spoilage is controlled in the Pastry/ Bakery.
- Control staff rosters, attendances, and all staff related issues in the Pastry/ Bakery. Must inform the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef of any HR issue in the Pastry/Bakery and work in close relation with him to coordinate all staff related issues.
- Ensures that the Pastry/ Bakery is covered with sufficient staffing at all times.
- Monitor closely the motivation and productivity of the Pastry/ Bakery team members.
- Suggest initiatives to improve stability and motivation of the team.
- Ensures team members respect the roster and the shifts, and ensures that control of presence is done accurately.
- Participates in technical training related to the Pastry/ Bakery. Assists in producing all relevant documents related to training matters.
- Ensures that the Kitchen is complying with the safety and security rules of the resort and the country. Ensures that all Kitchen team members are fully aware of fire safety procedures and evacuation routes.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Adhere to Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy
- Promote energy efficiency and environment friendly actions
- Participate in training as and when required by Management
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- HSC holder or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience working in top of the range large luxury resorts of over 100 rooms with refined services for the discerning and demanding traveler.
- Computer Literate
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Having a flexible approach to work