The Reservation Agent has the main responsibility to ensure that all systems and procedures run smoothly and efficiently at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work in close collaboration with other Reservation Agents to make sure that all booking requests (mail, faxes, telephone calls)are replied within timely manner (24 Hours) and run smoothly.
- To provide quotation for rooms and services in the most profitable manner for the company & in the best interest of guests and deliver requested information.
- To be responsible of hotel reservation, i.e., Making and Confirming Reservations.
- To liaise with hotels to ensure proper handling of Bookings & Requests.
- To increase sales of new or additional services like Early check in, late check out, transfers, Spa, golf and any other services as decided by the company.
- To answer queries pertaining to Hotel services.
- To manage efficiently room allocation of each Tour Operators and ensure that bookings are input in system under the appropriate stock header.
- To understand and confirm booking depending on global availability of the group.
- To apply cancellation policies, Stop sales, sell and report where applicable.
- To handle properly input of all files, bookings, request ,details in the Computer system.
- To insert data information & rates properly into the Computer system.
- To up sell and cross sell in order to maximize and optimize bookings and occupancy within the group.
- To send queries for unexpected arrivals and No Shows to whom concerned.
- To manage Overbooking by proposing upgrade or compensation to clients, prior arrival.
- To monitor closely preparation of arrival passengers lists prior arrival.
- To split groups and any other market segment in the Reservation system.
- To handle customer’s request, questions
- To record and ask for guest, flight details, preferences / request/allergy etc prior arrival.
- To serve as liaison between the customers & various departments.
- To print reports and keep a good filing of correspondences.
- To ensure highest room occupancy and maximize revenue.
- To issue and follow up of Proforma Invoice to CLIENTS
- To collect and ensure that payment is well-received prior arrival for all bookings on prepayment basis.
- To liaise with credit control Department at head office in order to have a better service as regards to invoicing and debt management.
- To ask for receipt with account department and Post charges, such for rooms etc.
- To ensure that all files are handle to Account department 3 days prior arrival.
- To keep and maintain of a clean and organized working environment.
- To encourage teamwork, loyalty, and unity within the department and company.
- To develop and strengthen new and existing business relation with our partners and suppliers.
- To work as part of a team supporting the hotel by effectively coordinating & handling all reservations enquiries and bookings.
- To ensure good communications and working relationship with colleagues.
- To training of new staff within the company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous guest service and reservations experience preferred
- Previous call-center experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English and French, an additional language would be a plus
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- OTA and Direct Reservation is a must.