The Handyman should be able to partake in the guests’ comfort by doing electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, painting, masonry and carpentry tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. The holder of this position may, at any time, be called to perform any other cognate duties at the request of management.
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met by
- Following safe work practices and observe safety rules and precautions
- Check the works to be done by looking over the Log book
- Inform the Maintenance Manager/ Maintenance Supervisor of the tools and equipment needed
- Proceed to the daily checks of generators, boilers, water feeding pumps .
- Record readings of electric meters
- To proceed to all the electrical installations according to the established plan.
- Do a daily check on the lights in the garden and the buildings.
- Adjust the timers according to Preventive Maintenance.
- Do repairs in hotel premises as per request from the Duty Manager.
- To carry out works in rooms in the absence of other services at night.
- Make sure that the following machinery and equipment are functioning:
- The split units on the hotel premises and staff areas
- Cold rooms
- Air conditioners
- Ensure that the Pools are always impeccably maintained.
- Take Chlorine and PH readings daily and report to engineering if unstable
- Have a complete verification before an arrival in rooms
- Perform repairs as per instructions of Maintenance Manager/ Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform repairs and maintenance with regards to wooden items
- Perform plumbing works when requested
- Perform masonry tasks
- Retouch of paint in the hotel premises where necessary
- Mix the paints to get the desired colour.
- Varnish wooden tables to remove stains
- Do the cleaning of roofs as per established plan
- Clean the drains on request of Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform any other duties as required by Management
- Perform operations at the STP
- Ensure that the STP is well kept
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Adhere to Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy
- Promote energy efficiency and environment friendly actions
- Participate in training as and when required my Management
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- A minimum of 3 yearS experience in the hospitality industry on a similar position
- Certificate from City and Guilds or equivalent
- Team Player
- Having a flexible approach to work