The Stewarding Supervisor is responsible for a smooth and efficient stewarding operation and supervises the daily Stewarding operation according to the Executive Chef’s recommendations and planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. The holder of this position may, at any time, be called to perform any other cognate duties at the request of management.
- To control the activity of the Stewarding operation.
- Do scheduling, record keeping, initiates reports, requisition and maintaining orders
- To check the staff grooming and discipline.
- To control the staff assignments.
- Do daily and periodic cleaning action for all storage, preparation and service areas.
- To follow up a rational cleaning schedule for all food handling and storage areas.
- To follow up a proper equipment storage system in order to minimise the loss and breakage.
- To follow up all function sheets.
- To set up and clearing station on all functions.
- To prepare storeroom requisitions for approval by the Executive Chef.
- Assist in preparing inventory list for outside/inside banquets and check inventory again upon return of equipment.
- To check the chemical consumption and report any problems to the Executive Chef.
- Check staffing according the function.
- Ensure that all staff under his supervision is fully aware of house rules and that these rules are implemented.
- To establish working hours and ensure employee discipline training with the assistance of Executive Chef.
- To follow up procedures and regulations concerning hygiene and safety.
- To make sure that all materials and equipment made available to the outlet correctly used and participates in inventory taking.
- Establish and maintain stocks of chinaware, glassware, silverware and other miscellaneous operating supplies to facilitate service in the restaurants, room service, bar, banquet, butchery and kitchen areas.
- To establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- To perform related duties and special projects when assigned.
- To liaise with Maintenance Department for all technical requirements in accordance with the Stewarding activities.
- Maintains equipment security by locking storerooms and doors and making routine checks of cupboards in all areas of his department.
- Ensures that all Stewarding team members follow kitchen P&Ps and SOPs and respect hotel procedures.
- Ensures that team members behave as per the principle of our core values.
- Ensures that hotel discipline standards are adhered to at all time by Stewarding Team members.
- Ensures that the Kitchen is complying with the safety and security rules of the resort and the country. Ensures that all Stewading team members are fully aware of fire safety procedures and evacuation routes.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Adhere to Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy
- Promote energy efficiency and environment friendly actions
- Participate in training as and when required by Management
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position in the hospitality Industry
- SC or equivalent
- Team Player
- Having a flexible approach to work