The Kitchen Commis is responsible of all precooking and cooking of all plates according to standards and fiche technique.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. The holder of this position may, at any time, be called to perform any other cognate duties at the request of management.
- Check the meals of the day
- Starts general set up of the day
- Make all the MEP needed for the day
- Laminate all products with proper labelling and production date and store accordingly
- Cooks meals under the supervision of superior
- Keeps all working environment safe and clean (Clean as you go)
- Clean all kitchen equipment after use
- Do proper handing over with the next shift
- Prepare food and set up for breakfast/ lunch and dinner
- Trains, assists and coaches all trainees
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Adhere to Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy
- Promote energy efficiency and environment friendly actions
- Participate in training as and when required my Management
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the hospitality industry in a similar position
- National Certificate Level 3 or equivalent
- Fluent in English and French, both verbal and written
- Team Player
- Having a flexible approach to work