UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children.
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The past two decades have seen important progress on child rights, yet while much has been achieved, sharp disparities remain. In most countries, inequality is higher today than a generation ago, including in middle income countries where most of the world’s poor children now live. The rapid pace of urbanization and the growing youth bulge in Africa and parts of Asia will require significant expansion of the provision of essential services for children. These challenges are compounded by the scale and complexity of crises triggered by conflict, natural disasters or epidemics. The global community faces these challenges when the political and economic environments pose challenges of their own, testing the world’s commitment to protecting the most vulnerable. In this environment, strong and consistent leadership of UNICEF is critical to enable the achievement of results for children.
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that rallies the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children through the unmatched reach of UNICEF. Headquartered in New Yo rk City, UUSA has some 300 employees distributed across nine regional offices in the U.S. To fuel UNICEF’s life-saving work across the globe, UUSA raises nearly $600 million dollars from private sources every year every year, and advocates for U.S. Government policies and funding to help children around the world.For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Position:Senior Associate, Campaigns and Prospect Development
Location:Based in New York City Headquarters, but flexible
Salary:NYC minimum salary for this position is $52,000. This may be adjusted to reflect the cost of labor of a candidate’s work location, if outside of NYC
Reporting to the Senior Director, Prospect Development, this role will lead tactical and administrative organization of UNICEF USA’s cross-divisional fundraising campaigns. Collaborating closely within Prospect Development and across the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Finance, Tech, and Philanthropy teams, the senior associate’s work will align individual teams toward a common strategy.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to
Campaign administrative coordination (66%)
- Scheduling campaign-related meetings with leadership and staff across the organization, including determining the correct audiences
- Drafting and distributing agendas, documenting decisions and action items, and communicating cross-divisionally
- Updating campaign documentation including project plans, reference guides, and collateral
- Drafting internal campaign communications detailing status updates, completed and upcoming campaign milestones, and progress toward goals
- Follow up for status updates on campaign deliverables such as collateral and
- Process all campaign-related expense reports and track day-to-day campaign budget
- Manage daily news alerts related to key funding priorities
Prospect Development team administrative coordination (33%)
- Coordinate all scheduling logistics for Prospect Development meetings
- Execute logistics for team trainings, retreats, and bi-weekly team meetings including agenda development and distribution and note taking
- Manage contract submission process, invoicing, expense payments, etc.
- Coordinate Prospect Development training schedule, preparation, and attendance tracking
- Maintain team documentation and policies
- Assist Prospect Development with data entry projects in CRM
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience or a combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills, including attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – written and oral – are a must including the ability to convey technical information to multiple audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Background in communications or fundraising preferred
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and ServiceMust demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.