Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The HR / OD&T Intern will support the Human Resources - Organizational Development and Training Unit by performing administration and data analysis functions for the RI Academy LCMS. This internship will provide the Intern with experience in the five aspects of training; assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation and provide experience managing a learning-content management system. Skills to be acquired include:
- SmartSheet and Excel analytics and data representation
- Design and development using Articulate 360 eLearning software
- Analysis of various tool sets and abiltiy to discriminate between them to determine best usage
- Evaluation techniques and best practice
- Analysis of various learning management system platforms
In addition the HR / OD&T Intern will monitor and maintain the Internship program, recruiting, interviewing, and helping in the selection process of interns for all US Based Global Support Office Departments as needed. Skills to be acquired include:
- Identifying value added skills in the content of a variety of resumes
- Communication skills
- Recruitment, selection and processing of new personnel
Relief International is looking for an intern to start as soon as possible. Please feel free to submit your resume and contact information at any point but keep in mind that we assign internships based on availability.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor the Learning Management System (LMS) and provide technical support for field HR Managers for tasks such as staff registration, enrollment and account closures.
- Ensure the LMS roster is accurate by ensuring these processes are completed within a week of hire or separation from RI and by consulting with HR Managers world-wide.
- Produce, analyze, and present training outcomes for quarterly progress reports.
- Design and develop e-learning projects, user guides and resources, videos, and other development projects.
- Help with special projects as needed.
Internship Program Administration and Support
- Support the Internship Development Program by posting positions, screening applicants, setting interviews, maintaining status trackers, ensuring performance reviews are done in a timely manner, and other related activities.
- Follow up with individual interns and their mentors to ensure that an effective learning experience is in place and that interns are happy with their experience.
- Administer orientation and exit interviews with interns and maintain proper e-files on Box.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate and Graduate students will be considered (prefer candidates working towards a degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Adult Education or Training, Research and Analysis or an equivalent study)
- Some proficiency in Excel, understanding of databases and capable of adapting to complex applications/computer programs.
- Analytical and methodical. Must be an independent thinker, creative and not hesitant to suggest challenges, solutions or pose questions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with superior attention to detail.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks for completion in a timely manner and with attention to detail.
- Dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- 20-30 hours a week; M-F varied schedule
Salary: Unpaid, possible academic credit available.
RI Values: We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Link to job posting: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=5&rid=1234