Position: Supply Chain & Operations Manager
Duration: 6 Months fixed term starting January 1st 2021.
Locations: Maban (Roving position)
Direct Line Supervisor: DCD - Operations
Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the direct line management of DCD Operations, the SC& manager shall follow RI procedures to ensure timely implementation of operations activities. This includes Planning, Procurement, Asset management, Warehouse & inventory management, Transport Distribution and compound management. Together with program managers ensures timely implementation of programs activities. This specific role also requires highly motivated person with excellent working knowledge of supply chain & logistics aspects in resolving operational critical challenges as they arise in an emergency setup.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Deputizes DCD Operations in ensuring operational policies and SOP’s are complied with.
- Reviews files and operations periodic reports to ensure accuracy and timely submission to DCD operations.
- Leads on procurements of open tender thresholds in accordance with the approval matrix.
- In consultation with DCD operations participates in identifying gaps, conducts capacity building of operations team at field level and follows to ensure correct use of tools in an accountable manner.
- Works closely with program managers to ensure their requests are submitted on time and deliveries are also submitted within the schedule.
- Lead to ensures accountability for stocks through required periodic reporting (i.e weekly, Monthly, bi-annually and Annually) and ensure stock are well supported by applying required stock management tools in accordance with RI stock management procedures.
- Ensure staff in charge of stocks control are adequately trained and capacity build on good warehousing standards and accountability
- Ensures good warehousing & inventory management systems are implemented and storage facilities are up the standards as per RI warehousing guidelines.
- Supervises assets verification process in all facilities to determine existence, condition and ensure accurate updated asset register in accordance to RI asset management policies.
- Follows to ensure accountability, documentation and handover paperwork are correctly done (I.e. Donation certificates and/or asset transfer certificates)
- Ensure that staff in charge of assets control are adequately trained and capacity build on good assets/equipment management standards and accountability.
- Leads in the enforcement of optimum fleet management procedures and follows through to ensure available fleet is well documented and utilization is planned for in an effective/efficient manner.
- Ensures the fleet is maintained and serviced regularly to avoid unnecessary breakdowns.
- Supports fleet supervisors to by ensuring a well-functioning fleet system with sound fuel control mechanisms.
Informational and Technology
- Acts as the focal point for IT systems through ensuring connectivity is interrupted. Coordinated with Juba office for any outrages for quicker stabilization.
- Supports the team to troubleshoot challenges they may face with internet and/or IT equipment.
- Ensures IT equipment are well maintained and in good conditions at all times
Facilities and property Maintenance
- Under the direction of DCD ops support the Area managers to assess the facilities and identify any needs for renovation or upgrades
Other (as needed or assigned)
- Represent RI in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of RI’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies of you and your supervised staff.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible to ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with RI policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Responsible to ensure that all allegations of breaches of the Code of Conduct by staff reporting is made in accordance with incident reporting policy.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related field.
- At least 5 years of general logistics experience and at least 3 years of experience in logistics in humanitarian organizations.
- Good leadership and supervision skills.
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and Internet.
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever changing dynamic operational environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment with experience in conducting training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and ability to work effectively in an operational environment.
- The capability and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes difficult and challenging work situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of RI’s aims, values and principles.
Experience with recognized international NGO will be an added advantage
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a detailed CV and cover letter by November 05 , 2020. Due to the critical nature of this assignment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates will be interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this vacancy is posted. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.