Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a highly motivated Facilities Security Officer to join our Chantilly, Virginia team. FSO's in this office work with and communicate with a wide range of people including vendors, customers, executives and staff. He or she must have the ability to communicate with internal and external contacts, both orally and in writing, to seek or convey information and coordinate arrangements. Must be comfortable functioning with limited work supervision in a team-focused environment. Will be responsible for roles and responsibilities aligned with that of a Security Generalist. This position reports to the Regional Security Manager. Regular M-F standard business hours with some flexibility apply but also with some requirement from time-to-time to surge on the front or back end of a standard business day based on customer or company requirements.
- Supporting all Chantilly DoD Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and DoD SAP security programs to include physical, personnel, program, document control, classification management, education/awareness, automated information systems certification & accreditation processes and security management policies and procedures;
- Supporting and assisting in the maintenance of Chantilly personnel clearance/access databases, and document control databases;
- Supporting Chantilly COMSEC requirements;
- Interfacing with Corporate IT, Operations and Program Operations staff
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Past experience as a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO), Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and/or Facility Security Officer (FSO).
- Experience dealing with personnel, program and Automated Information Systems (AIS) related incidents;
- Familiarity with all aspects of Program Security to include physical, personnel, document control, classification management, education/awareness, and certification & accreditation processes.
- Solid working knowledge of security management policies and procedures (NISPOM/SUPP/M1/ICDs/DCIDs/DoD SAP) as well as DoD and Intelligence Community customers' clearance processing procedures and document control regulation.
- Proven ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow-up and follow-through.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office, Word, and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Duties are performed under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of Chapter 8 of the NISPOM as well as ICD/DCID/DOD SAP documents.
- Knowledge of EQIP, JPAS/DISS and/or other Industry software applications.
- Familiarity with personnel, physical and AIS requirements among the Intelligence Community and DoD.
- Working knowledge of COMSEC accounts, policies, and procedures.
- Familiarity with personnel security requirements for DoD and Intelligence Community.
- Previous experience leading teams is a plus.
Security Requirements: Must have a minimum active TS/SCI eligible security clearance.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.