Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) core and non-core support in the areas of Cyber Security and Management to improve the Information Assurance (IA) posture of a National customer.
The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) provides support to the customer in the area of Cyber Security. Daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide analytical and technical security recommendations to the customer
- Lead the identification of projects’ security requirement
- Participate in network design reviews and security testing for the customer’s networks
- Coordinate with system development teams to ensure network security standards are followed and implemented correctly
- Identify additional security requirements, based on RMF or as the result of security issues that put the customer’s systems at risk
- Reviews and analyzes new systems (hardware and software) and provides recommendations concerning system security
- Review Security Requirements Traceability Matrixes (SRTMs), System Security Plans (SSPs) and other IA documentation for completeness
- Provide A&A and RMF guidance to system owners to ensure accreditation success
- Current U.S. Government Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Favorably adjudicated Polygraph
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or an advanced IA certification
- DoD 8570 certification in IAT or IAM
- Experience in security systems engineering involving various computer hardware and software operation systems and application solutions in both stand-alone and LAN/WAN configurations
- Experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NIST, DISA (STIGs), and USCYBERCOM
- Experience with networks and systems security administration, operation systems security configuration and account management best practices
- Experience implementing RMF Process and NIST 800-53 technical controls, as well as developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
- Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
- Experience briefing senior customer personnel
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with the customer’s Lifecycle Readiness process
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with customer's IA processes
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools (i.e. retina, HBSS, EVSS, ACAS)
- Experience with Splunk and ServiceNow
- Familiarity with Cross Domain Systems (CDS)
- Experience supporting IC or DoD in the Cyber Security Domain
Clearance Required: Active Top Secret required to be considered for this position
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.