Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is looking for an Electro-Optic Engineer to support a dynamic program for an IC customer in Chantilly, VA. In this role you will provide engineering support to an upcoming acquisition of a constellation of EO spacecraft.
- Use technical expertise on EO to develop concepts and designs, evaluate feasibility of new technologies, help oversee the development and integration of EO capabilities, as well as troubleshoot and resolve design, development, and operations issues
- Participate and represent the customer in various Government and contractor meetings and attend contractor programmatic and technical reviews (e.g. PMR, PDR, CDR, and other meetings) to provide technical and programmatic-based system recommendations and risk assessments
- Provide proactive support to the Government customer and tasks
- Develop productive relationships with Prime/Subcontractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts
- Author, review, and coordinate documents and data to aid the Government in decision-making
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years or more experience; Masters and 8; or PhD/JD and 5 years of experience
- Proven expertise in Electro-optic discipline and development of EO technologies
- Experience with development and integration in the areas of EO space-based systems
- Experience with small spacecraft development and operations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Proficient at program/project management within the customer organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Available to travel domestically
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.