Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a Digital and Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA.
You will work with a team responsible for setting, managing and executing activities within Digital Engineering, tools and environments, with an emphasis on existing tools from within the model and simulation enterprise. You will influence the advancement of digital engineering, chief information/data officer activities, computational infrastructure and tools setup, and modeling and simulation.
You will work as part of a team responsible to establish, maintain, and propagate state-of-the-art engineering practice for the DoD. Team activities include:
- Organizing communities of practice that connect the engineering community to solve cross-cutting engineering challenges
- Creating and using engineering guidance and standards that propagate best practices that are essential for warfighting success
- Providing engineering expertise to support the DoD in areas of Systems Engineering, Modular Open Systems Approaches, Digital Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Software Engineering, and various Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Executing activities within Digital Engineering, tools and environments, with an emphasis on existing tools from within the model and simulation enterprise.
- Individual must have demonstrated experience in development, application, and stewardship of models across multiple disciplines of acquisition, analysis, and training.
- Advising on the evolution of model/simulation enablers (such as, but not limited to validation principles and verification techniques, etc.) for expanded use in digital applications.
Engineering Best Practices:
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
Engineering Tools and Environments:
- Enhance digital engineering implementation and support transition plans for digital engineering and associated tools
- Develop an interconnected and interoperable, data centric, digital engineering ecosystem capable of evolving with future needs
- Lead interorganizational interactions, interfacing with high level leaders and cross-functional teams, to develop successful engineering system architectures in collaboration with stakeholder organizations
- Advise leadership on modeling and simulation initiatives, as a part of digital engineering initiatives, to the National Defense Strategy, including discovery, access, and reuse of model and simulation enablers, interoperability and modularity of model and/or simulation environments and artifacts.
- BS degree or higher in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline that is relevant to Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- Capable of executing activities within Digital Engineering, tools and environments, with an emphasis on existing tools from within the model and simulation enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience in development, application, and stewardship of models across multiple disciplines of acquisition, analysis, and training.
Security Requirements: Active Secret DoD clearance required
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.