Optical Research Engineer
|Location:||MI - Ann Arbor|
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is looking for an Optical Research Engineer to join our team located at our Ann Arbor facilities. This group works on cutting edge technologies in a heavy research and development environment. The team focuses on systems, software, and algorithms for space and other applications.
• Design, develop, build, and test hardware and algorithmic aspects of optical systems
• Full lab bench utilizing practical hardware experience, model and simulation, image processing, and physics-based algorithms
• Experience in image forming systems, interferometry, holography, coherent imaging, adaptive optics, active imaging, three-dimensional imaging, and / or three-dimensional display.
• Proven track record in a hands-on R/D research role
• Work with other engineers in a collaborative and cross-functional environment to develop and implement state-of-the-art and innovative optical systems for several different applications from defense, intelligence, as well as commercial customers
• Support development by writing and briefing proposals, responding to RFIs, writing white papers, and participating in proposal reviews.
• Conduct research and plans development and design of lasers, infrared, and other light emitting and light sensitive devices.
• Design electronic circuitry and optical components with specific characteristics to fit within specified mechanical limits and to perform according to specifications.
• May conduct application analysis to determine commercial, industrial, scientific, medical, military or other use for electro-optical devices.
We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively at all levels of the organization to both technical and non-technical audiences. You should thrive in a collaborative team environment. We are looking for early career candidates with a Master’s degree or preferably a PhD in Optics
Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results