Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a GEOINT Mission Processing Engineer to support one of our IC customers in Chantilly, VA. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure. This position requires technical interaction with a diverse team of Systems Engineering/Technical Assistance (SETA) and Contracted Administrative Assistance Services (CAAS) team members as well as providing technical and programmatic oversight of the various Development Contractors across the Ground Enterprise. The candidate will support Customer ground product processing systems, applications and frameworks in the transformation of legacy processing systems and their evolution going forward. The candidate will participate in system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have strong GEOINT systems engineering background and significant space and ground domain knowledge in technical capabilities and performance.
- Performing engineering analysis to ensure program successfully develop and deliver core mission processing services in all phases of the acquisition life-cycle
- Interface directly with Development Prime Contractors in the role of oversight, monitoring of software development and integration activities and ensuring alignment with Government requirements and objectives
- Retain cognizance of wide-variety of mission projects including technical baseline, project schedules and dependencies, cost and risks.
- Conduct planning for both mission architecture needs (technical trade studies, definition of future architecture planning, software services recommendations, etc.)
- Participate in industry-standard agile software processes to include Epic, Feature and Capability definition, prioritization and execution
- Provide independent verification/validation/test in support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure
- Support and lead working groups on product definition, mission CONOPS, technical implementation of new mission products in existing GEOINT Baseline
- Provide oversight and technical Mission framework
- B.S. in engineering, physics or related technical degree with at least 10 years’ experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering/architecting
- Expert knowledge of C2S or analogous Cloud Environment implementation
- Working knowledge of GEOINT Mission Processing with focus on GEOINT product definition and generation
- Integration, Verification, Validation and Test experience
- Experience with Mission Processing Systems in support of space and ground architecture
- Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment
- Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPS development, and system integration to accommodate the End to End GEOINT Systems Engineering
- Experience in Scaled Agile Frameworks Enterprise (SAFe) agile software development and Dev/OPS concepts, processes and production
- Familiarity with specific IC customer, technical familiarity with mission processing or mission control of one or more GEOINT systems, SAR and FSG experience highly desired
- Ability to work for specific IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization
- Experience in Acquisition to include cross-program budgeting, resource allocation, Earned Value Management (EVM) and cost analysis
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI with CI poly required
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.