Thank you for your interest in joining the Centauri team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
Centauri is seeking a Micro-Electronics System Engineer to support the NRO’s Advanced Systems and Technology (AS&T) Directorate. AS&T is the research and development (R&D) organization and provides innovative technology solutions that enable the NRO to solve the most challenging National security issues. AS&T is responsible for development and operations of technology demonstrations and operational prototypes that guide revolutionary change in how the NRO conducts intelligence mission. Capability pathfinders are developed to inform directorates and organizations on new CONOPs, prove out new sources or methods, replace technologies to fill mission gaps, and /or validate new mission areas. AS&T’s satellite experiments validate a technology or CONOP that solves challenging intelligence problems with innovative ground processing, or at times leverages commercial small satellites to advise the Government on concept selections.
- Provide subject matter expertise to facilitate technology maturation of microelectronics through the research and development life cycle
- Provide technical support to enable transition of mature microelectronics hardware and applications to system program offices for flight hardware development
- Assist the IC customer with the oversight of technology development contracts and develop status briefings for government and industry
- Provide technical recommendations for future development direction and product/capability evolution strategies
- Conduct surveys of state-of-the-art technologies and provide recommendations for future technology development
- Work closely with the IC customer to support all phases of the acquisition process
- Support development of program requirements that satisfy the customer's mission needs, as well as requirement documentation to support acquisition strategies and acquisition plans
- Provide technical support to generate acquisition documents including, but not limited to, Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, Specifications, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other required solicitation/contract documents.
- Provide technical assessment and support to source selection activities as an advisor.
- Provide identification, assessment, and resolution of risks during the acquisition phase and during program execution
- Work with the IC customer to advance resiliency activities/initiatives
- Have technical background in micro-electronic technologies for design, development, fabrication, integration and test, of space-based hardware
- 8-12 years with B.S. degree in engineering, or technical discipline required; OR 5-10 years with M.S.
- 8 years’ experience with space systems design and acquisition
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills to partner with multiple teammates and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline.
- 8-10 years’ experience with space systems acquisition and spacecraft design
- Understanding of acquisition and technology evolution best practices.
- Exposure to the system design trade process, assessing system design options, analyzing mission requirements and performance, monitoring vehicle development, test development/execution, and tracking of hardware performance
- Specific knowledge of the NRO space and ground systems and processes.
Security Clearance Requirements: ACTIVE TS/SCI with CI Poly
Centauri is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.