Corsair Technical Services (corsairtechnicalservices.com) is a veteran-owned small business providing government and industry customers with quality instructional systems engineering analysis, supportability engineering, logistics services, and business capture and proposal support services.
Corsair is seeking a Project Engineering Specialist to support the customer Program office on multiple projects. Candidates must have experience developing project plans, and managing execution of those plans to budget, scope and schedule. Candidates must demonstrate a history of agility, strong technical competence, and an ability to move between multiple projects and teams on a daily basis.
This is a 100% remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish design concepts, criteria, and coordinates multidiscipline engineering efforts, including development, integration, and test, for ongoing or routine projects
- Perform engineering planning, integration, verification, and validation and evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability, and analyses
- Develop and administer work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects
- Create milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules; identify project issues and propose solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- Monitor performance metrics
- Prepare and present outcomes, assessments, and corrective action initiatives
- Identify corrective actions to improve project or team performance
- Coordinate activities of project personnel
- Submit project deliverables
- Knowledge of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and its application
- Exercises engineering judgment in developing appropriate decisions considering decision criteria, implications, and possible consequences, to ensure product design integrity
- Demonstrates understanding of the applicable scientific and engineering knowledge and involves others in obtaining information for the engineering decision-making process
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems
- The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables
- Manages budgetary and/or financial processes to ensure appropriate fiscal performance
- Knowledge of Project Management theory, concepts, and principles (e.g., theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, triple constraints, project scope management, project management lifecycle etc.)
- Knowledge of project planning principles and techniques to achieve desired outcomes on budget and on plan
- Ability to define, design and plan projects, achieve project deliverables, and optimize the contributions of internal and external resources
- Ability to create project schedules to identify overall timeframe for project activities to meet the defined project objectives (to include major milestones), identify resource requirements for projects, and manage those resources throughout the project life
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, EazyBI and Aha! programs encouraged
- Technical Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years related work experience
- Or a Master’s degree with 3 or more years of work experience
Note: A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree, or greater, in mathematics, sciences or technologies.
To Apply: https://bit.ly/3FZmMlb
Join our team of highly talented professionals who are motivated to make our customers’ programs a success. Corsair Technical Services employees are committed to leading and setting the highest standards with pride and professionalism.
Corsair Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.